Thanks to generous donations from our supporters, the sponsors, and ACM SIGOPS, EuroSys offers several grants to enable students, post-docs, and faculty worldwide to attend the conference. The grants cover the EuroSys conference registration, including meals, and possibly some contribution toward accommodation and travel expenses.
Grants will be awarded by the grant committee based on a combination of need and merit. Students receiving a travel grant need to agree to serve as a session scribe (if required) during the conference. Applicants are encouraged to participate in the poster session and the workshops.
Who Can Apply?
Funding is available to all students, post-docs, and faculty at educational institutions worldwide.
How To Apply?
Applications have to be submitted via the email email@example.com. The “Subject” line should also contain the keyword “Eurosys 2018” and student’s name. The following information is requested from all applicants:
- Author (only one): Give your name, email, and affiliation
- Abstract: State here the anticipated travel expenses
- Participation in EuroSys 2018 …: Describe briefly your participation in EuroSys and/or the workshops
- Motivation statement: A short explanation of the expected benefits from attending the conference and why the grant should be awarded. The statement should describe ongoing research and recent papers published by the applicant. It should be no longer than one page. Please write in English and use ASCII-only text.
Students are also requested to provide:
- A letter of recommendation from the advisor supporting the application. The advisor’s statement should be sent separately from the student’s application by plain text e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The “Subject” line should also contain the keyword “Eurosys 2018” and student’s name.
|Applications due||March 15, 2018|
|Notification of acceptance||March 22, 2018|
Receivers of a EuroSys Grant will register with a special promotion code. Therefore, applicants shall not register for the conference until they have received the notification of acceptance from the grant chairs. This is still before the early registration deadline.
For more information, contact the grant co-chairs: