Eurosys is organizing a shadow program committee for the EuroSys 2018 conference under the sponsorship of EuroSys. If you are interested in participating, please send an e-mail to the Shadow PC co-chairs:
- Sonia Ben-Mokhtar (CNRS / INSA, firstname.lastname@example.org) and
- Luís Veiga (INESC-ID / Técnico Lisboa, email@example.com)
with Subject “[EUROSYS-2018-SHADOW-PC]” before September 30th 2017 . Please include a short paragraph describing your current research, areas of expertise, and a list of up to three relevant publications: this will help us with selecting candidates and assigning papers for review. Please also get in touch if you have any queries.
Being on a shadow PC is an excellent opportunity for young systems researchers (PhD students, post-docs and new faculty members) to get experience in community service, i.e., programme committee practices.
Shadow PC members are expected to write their own detailed and rigorous reviews for their assigned papers. We expect a review load of 10-15 papers per member in two rounds. Members especially those based in Europe are also expected to attend a one-day shadow PC meeting in person (see details below). Members will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation for the PC meeting.
The EuroSys shadow PC will follow roughly the same timeline as the main PC (https://eurosys2018.org/). We plan to have the shadow PC meeting close in time to the main PC meeting (foreseen week of January 22-26, 2018).
Being a member of a shadow PC is a lot of work. But besides the recognition of being selected, it is also very rewarding and worthwhile for a number of reasons, including:
- Getting to know how a PC is run and how it operates;
- Seeing how more experienced reviewers judge the same papers that you review;
- Getting to see both strong and weak papers at the submission stage;
- Discovering what it takes to publish a paper in a highly selective conference such as EuroSys;
- Having a chance to read top-notch papers in your area of expertise before they are published;
- Submitting high quality reviews makes one a possible candidate for future PCs;
- Discussing the papers with one or more EuroSys PC members who will attend the shadow meeting;
- Getting to know other active young researchers also selected as shadow PC members.
- September 30, 2017: Deadline to apply for shadow PC
- October 20, 2017: Abstract submission
- October 27, 2017: Paper submission
- December 1, 2017: 1st round of reviews due
- January 8, 2018: 2nd round of reviews due
- January 8-17, 2018: Online discussion
- Week of the 22-26 of January, 2018: shadow PC meeting in Porto, Portugal (exact date to be announced soon)
- April 23-26, 2018: Conference
All deadline times are “Anywhere on Earth”.